Brothers, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;…
1. The text does not apply to —
(1) the unconverted;
(2) the hypocrite;
(3) those who are intellectually wrong.
2. But to one who has been truly converted to Jesus, and yet has gone back into the world again.
I. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BACKSLIDE. Some of the causes —
1. A false estimate of the requirements of discipleship.
2. A false estimate of one's own strength.
3. Intellectual pride.
4. Neglect of the means of grace.
II. THE CHRISTIAN DUTY OF MUTUAL OVERSIGHT.
III. THE RESTORATION OF THE BACKSLIDER IS ONE OF THE GRANDEST AND NOBLEST OF ALL CHRISTIAN WORKS.
(A. F. Barfield.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;