And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good…
I. WHAT ABE WE TO UNDERSTAND BY THE WORLD (1 John 2:16).
1. The lust of the flesh (Titus 2:12).
2. The lust of the eye (Ecclesiastes 5:11).
3. The pride of life (Romans 1:30).
II. WHAT IS IT NOT TO RE CONFORMED TO IT?
1. Not to approve of it (1 John 2:15).
2. Not to imitate it (1 Peter 4:4).
3. To use it as if we used it not (1 Corinthians 7:30, 31).
III. WHY SHOULD WE NOT BE CONFORMED?
1. We are separated from the world to God (1 Peter 2:9-12).
2. We have put on Christ.
3. All that is in the world is not of the Father (1 John 2:16), and is contrary to the love of Him (1 John 2:15).
4. The fashion of this world passeth away (1 Corinthians 7:31).Conclusion: Conform not to this world.
1. You have higher things to mind (Colossians 3:1-3; Philippians 3:20).
2. This world cannot satisfy you (Ecclesiastes 1:8).
3. You must give an account of what you do here.
Parallel VersesKJV: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
WEB: Don't be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.