Then shall the King say to them on his right hand, Come, you blessed of my Father…
I. THE TIME WHEN THIS INVITATION WILL BE GIVEN.
1. After our Lord has assembled round Him the whole world.
2. He will give us this invitation before He condemns the ungodly.
II. THE CHARACTER IN WHICH CHRIST WILL GIVE THIS INVITATION — "Then shall the King," etc.
III. THE PERSONS TO WHOM THIS INVITATION WILL BE GIVEN.
1. Those who have abounded in good and charitable works.
2. They think nothing of their good works.
3. They are those whom the Father has blessed.
IV. THE KINGDOM TO WHICH CHRIST CALLS HIS REDEEMED.
1. It is really a kingdom.
2. A prepared kingdom.
3. A kingdom prepared long ago.
4. It is one which we are to inherit; our possession of heaven will be full and free.
5. We are to inherit this kingdom with Christ our Lord.
Parallel VersesKJV: Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: