Therefore whoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, which built his house on a rock:
I. THE POINTS OF RESEMBLANCE BETWEEN THE CONVERTED AND THE UNCONVERTED PROFESSOR,
1. Both profess to be religious. Both build a house.
2. Both have their religion put to the test.
II. THE POINTS OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM.
1. In their conduct. The one indolent, the other was laborious; one idly plants his house, the other digs for foundation.
2. In the foundation of their hopes.
3. In their end, How wise the genuine believer! How foolish the unconverted professor!
(C. Clayton, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
WEB: "Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock.