And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.…
I. THE VISION GRANTED TO JACOB.
1. This dream taught Jacob that there is a close connection between this world and the next.
2. It taught him that God rules over all.
3. It taught him the solemnity of life.
II. THE PROMISES MADE TO JACOB.
1. That he should be greatly blessed.
2. That he should be a blessing.
3. That God would watch over him.
III. THE RESOLUTIONS FORMED BY HIM.
1. He resolved to make a memorial of the night vision and the promises.
2. He resolved to accept the Lord as his God.
3. He also resolved to give back to God a tenth.
(W. J. Evans.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.