He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.…
I. PRESUMPTIVE OR CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE.
1. The precaution of the Jews.
2. The departure of Jesus from the sepulchre.
3. The change which took place in the apostles after this event.
II. THE TESTIMONY OF CREDIBLE WITNESSES.
1. The sufficiency of evidence depends upon the number of the witnesses, their qualifications, and their information.
2. Their competency being established, now examine their credibility. Their testimony was honest, prominent, explicit, and constant.
III. DIVINE TESTIMONY. The Holy Spirit bears witness to Christ's resurrection.
1. By the predictions of the prophets.
2. By the miracles of the apostles.
3. By the success of the gospel.
(T. Gibson. M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.