For the kingdom of heaven is like to a man that is an householder…
I. A WORK SUPPOSED.
(1) Its object one of supreme importance;
(2) Proposed by highest authority;
(3) Requires long, steady, earnest application;
(4) Certain of ultimate success.
II. A STATE CONDEMNED — idleness.
(1) By limited time — a day;
(2) By analogy of worldly employments;
(3) By certainty of future reckoning.
III. A QUESTION URGED: Why?
(1) Aversion to work;
(J. C. Gray.)
Parallel VersesKJV: For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.