And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
I. ENOCH AS TO HIS AGE.
1. It Was an age of longevity.
2. It was an ungodly age.
II. ENOCH AS TO HIS RELIGION.
1. He was independent.
III. ENOCH AS TO HIS DEPARTURE.
1. His departure implies a future state.
(1) Analogy says so.
(2) The state of the world shows that there is a hereafter to square the accounts.
(3) Revelation proves it.
2. His departure shows that there is a reward to the faithful.
(1) Present satisfaction.
(2) Future felicity. Hebrews 4:9.
Parallel VersesKJV: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
WEB: Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him.