Therefore thus will I do to you, O Israel: and because I will do this to you, prepare to meet your God, O Israel.
I. THERE IS A PERIOD TO DAWN UPON MANKIND WHEN THEY SHALL COME TO A PARTICULAR CONTACT WITH GOD. This period is —
1. Certain. Nature teaches the fact. Conscience indicates the same truth.
2. Uncertain, as to its time.
3. The greatest of all periods of importance.Then the actions of the life will be brought to the test.
II. THIS PERIOD WHICH IS TO DAWN UPON MANKIND REQUIRES PREPARATION ON MAN'S PART.
1. Man, in his natural state, is not in a condition to meet God.
2. Man is in a state of possibility to prepare.
3. Man's agency is necessary to his preparation.
III. GOD FEELS DEEP INTEREST IN THE WORLD'S PREPARATION. He desires the salvation of the world.
1. From what He has done for humanity.
2. From what He is doing in man.
3. From what He has promised to do for us in future.Attention to God's voice will secure our everlasting happiness.
(J. O. Griffiths.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.
WEB: "Therefore thus will I do to you, Israel; because I will do this to you, prepare to meet your God, Israel.