It is good for a man that he bear the yoke of his youth.
I. THERE IS A YOKE WHICH IT IS NOT GOOD FOR A MAN TO BEAR IN HIS YOUTH.
1. The yoke of civil bondage.
2. The yoke of ceremonies and superstitions.
3. The yoke of sin. A bad habit acquired in youth grows with a man's growth, and strengthens with his strength.
II. WHAT YOKE IS IT GOOD FOR A MAN TO BEAR IN HIS YOUTH?
1. The yoke of affliction. There is a natural exuberance in youth which needs to be reduced — a luxuriousness which requires pruning — an impetuosity which needs to be checked. And what will effect this like affliction when sanctified by God?
2. The yoke of subjection to legitimate authority.
3. The yoke of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is a yoke which every man must take upon him at some period of his life, or perish everlastingly.
(John Hambleton, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.
WEB: It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.