Blessed is that man that makes the LORD his trust, and respects not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
I. WHAT IS IMPLIED BY OUR TRUST.
1. That it rests in the Lord Himself.
2. It sets aside all self-confidence.
II. SOME REASONS WHY THE MAN WHO MAKES THE LORD HIS TRUST IS BLESSED.
1. He acts in accordance with the Divine will.
2. There is stability in his trust; you may always depend upon it.
3. It bestows true manly dignity and freedom from all servile fears.
4. It gives quiet composure to the mind.
(W. H. Horwood.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.