Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and to them were sons born after the flood.…
1. Syrians may arise from the Father of the Church according to the flesh, very enemies to it.
2. God's mind is to keep the line of His Church distinct; from all who turn aside (ver. 23).
3. The line of the Church is but short in respect of the world (ver. 24).
4. Memorable as well as terrible is that division of people and tongues which God hath made (ver. 25).
5. Saints have been careful to keep in memory such judgments of division; the naming of the child (ver. 25).
6. Numerous is the seed departed from the Church (ver. 26, 29).
7. God has given a dwelling place to degenerate seed (ver. 30).
8. The Church hath its family, tongue, place, and people, distinct from all (ver. 37).
(G. Hughes, B. D.).
Parallel VersesKJV: Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.