And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men built.
1. God speaks, as well as marks, the attempts of the ungodly to their reproach and confusion.
2. God points out the greatest advantages of violent workers of iniquity to scorn.
3. Unity of minds, resolutions, and communications, are the greatest props to wicked undertakers.
4. Violent workers of iniquity presume to finish as well as begin: that nothing shall be withheld from them.
5. Proud and presumptuous undertakings of men are a scorn and derision to God (ver. 6).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.