Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot.…
1. God may make known His mind by the child unto the father; and call it before him (Acts 7:2).
2. By revelation to a son, God may make parents willing to obey His call.
3. The Spirit giveth honour to parents, as leaders, when they follow the call of grace.
4. God points out by name such as He separates for His Church.
5. Faith puts all believers upon motion, when God calls them even from their native country.
6. Faith in God makes haste to depart from polluted places.
7. Faith intends to go as far as God calleth the soul.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Sarai was barren; she had no child. —
Parallel VersesKJV: Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot.