And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.…
1. Walking with saints in their hardest ways usually brings God's outward blessings on them.
2. Great families and possessions God can give His saints in the land of their pilgrimage (ver. 5).
3. Great straits may befall the saints of God in their greatest abundance.
4. Much wealth may prove an occasion of dividing the very saints (ver. 6).
5. Great riches among the best may prove causes of great contentions.
6. Bad servants may be incendiaries to put good masters to strife.
7. The large territories of the wicked may straiten the godly in earthly places.
8. Wicked enemies of the Church are apt to watch all opportunities to destroy the saints by their own divisions (ver. 7).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.