Then Jacob went on his journey, and came into the land of the people of the east.…
1. Providential meetings may justly occasion providential advice from strangers to others.
2. Time and business should be rationally managed to the improvement of both (ver. 7).
3. Ingenuity taketh not amiss occasional advice from strangers.
4. Ingenuous men, if they follow not counsel, will give their reason.
5. Impotency to duty justly may excuse it.
6. Iniquity must not be done to others for private advantage (ver. 8).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Then Jacob went on his journey, and came into the land of the people of the east.