And Jacob said to Laban, Give me my wife, for my days are fulfilled, that I may go in to her.…
1. The day revealeth that evil usually which the night covereth, sin may hide itself a little while till the morning.
2. Seeming Rachel over night is found Leah in the morning. Fair offers to be deceits.
3. Honest souls, though drawn into error, are full of indignation against it, and the cursors of it when discovered.
4. Plain covenant work is sufficient to convince deceivers that forsake
5. Service for Rachel should have Rachel for its reward.
6. It is gross falsehood and deceit to deny covenant reward, and adulterate it with worse (ver. 25).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jacob said unto Laban, Give me my wife, for my days are fulfilled, that I may go in unto her.