And Laban gave to Rachel his daughter Bilhah his handmaid to be her maid.…
1. God doth not see as men, not as good men see sometimes in accepting persons.
2. God's providence may be regardful of them who are neglected by men.
3. Undervalued and hated mercies may, under God's ordering, prove most fruitful to men.
4. The most regarded by men may be disrespected upon some accounts with God.
5. The most lovely mercies in man's eye may prove barren and unfruitful to him (ver. 31),
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Laban gave to Rachel his daughter Bilhah his handmaid to be her maid.