You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you.…
I. WHAT WE ARE TO UNDERSTAND BY STAYING THE MIND ON GOD. It simply means relying upon Him or trusting in Him.
II. THIS STAYING OF THE MIND ON GOD KEEPS IT IN PEACE.
1. This alone can calm the mind when convinced of sin, and searching in dreadful distress for pardon.
2. This confidence also calms the mind under delays.
3. This confidence composes the mind in the events of life, and this is the thing principally intended.
III. THE PEACE THAT FLOWS FROM THIS TRUST IN GOD IS SAID TO BE PERFECT. It is not indeed absolutely so, as if it were incapable of addition; but it is so —
1. Comparatively. What is every other peace to this? What is the delusion of the Pharisee, the stupidity and carelessness of the sinner, the corn and wine of the worldling — what is everything else, compared with this peace?
2. In relation to this confidence. It is true this peace rises and falls; but it is only because this confidence varies.
Parallel VersesKJV: Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.