And the Lord said to him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul…
is distinguished —
I. AS THE TEMPORARY ABODE OF A REMARKABLE STRANGER. "One Saul of Tarsus."
1. Remarkable for intellectual ability.
2. For prodigious force of character.
3. For undivided concentration of purpose.
4. For conscientious religious conviction.
5. For tragic success in persecution.
6. For startling change of career.
II. AS A LOCALITY VISITED BY A DIVINE MESSENGER. "And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go," etc. That Heaven —
1. Is intimately acquainted with the homes of the good.
2. Sometimes utilises the homes of the good for its own purpose.
3. Invariably immortalises such occasions by the Divine presence.
III. AS THE SCENE OF THE GREATEST CONVERSION. "Behold, he prayeth." The conversion was —
1. Unexpected in its occurrence.
2. Miraculous in its agency.
3. Bitter in its experience.
4. Prolonged in its process.
5. Unique in its purpose.
6. Worldwide in its results. This one conversion was a universal revival.
(B. D. Johns.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
WEB: The Lord said to him, "Arise, and go to the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judah for one named Saul, a man of Tarsus. For behold, he is praying,