2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints…
I. CHRIST WILL ASSUREDLY COME AGAIN. This is no less certain than that He once dwelt on this earth. The time is still a secret to us, and perhaps to all orders of intelligent creatures; but the circumstance itself is indubitable. He will come again at the time appointed of the Father. At the ascension His disciples were expressly assured of it by two angels (Acts 1:11). Our blessed Lord also spoke frequently of it (John 14:2, 3); but He never states the time. "Watch," He says, "for ye know neither the day nor the hour when the Son of Man cometh." Though the exact time is not known, yet the Second Coming of Christ is a prominent object of faith.
II. WHEN CHRIST COMES, HE WILL REGLORIFIED IN THE HAPPY AND ADVANTAGEOUS CIRCUMSTANCES OF HIS PEOPLE.
1. In their perfection in holiness. This will then reflect honour upon Him. They will be presented "not having spot or wrinkle, or any such thing, being holy, and without blemish."
2. In their eternal glory. Soul and body being reunited, they will be freed from all the infirmities of sinful and mortal flesh; have enlarged capacities, fitted for the noblest services — celestial minds attached to celestial bodies (1 Corinthians 15:42-49; Philippians 3:21; 1 John 3:2).
3. In their number. Jesus spoke of His flock as a little one (Luke 12:32); but in that day the number of His ransomed ones will be far greater than the stars of heaven; and they will be gathered from the east and the west, the north and the south (Revelation 7:9, 10).
III. WHEN CHRIST COMES, HE WILL ALSO BE ADMIRED IN THEM.
1. His wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30).
2. His power, demonstrated by His resurrection (John 5:20-29).
3. His faithfulness. His saints have believed and trusted in Him; now His truth is confirmed. It will thus be a glorious day to Christ, and a day of unspeakable joy to His people (Luke 12:37, 38).
(N. Lardner, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.