And Abraham stood up from before his dead, and spoke to the sons of Heth, saying,…
I. CONSIDER HIM AS A MAN.
II. CONSIDER HIM AS A MAN OF BUSINESS.
1. His independence (vers. 4, 6).
2. His exactness (vers. 17, 18).
3. His courtesy.
III. CONSIDER HIM AS A GODLY MAN.
1. He believed in immortality.
2. He believed that God would grant his posterity to inherit the land.
3. He believed in a future state of blessedness for the righteous.
(T. H. Leale.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Abraham stood up from before his dead, and spake unto the sons of Heth, saying,