And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.…
I. AS TO THE CAUSES OF IT.
1. Worldly prosperity.
2. The mean ambition of ignoble souls associated with us.
3. The want of the obliging nature.
II. AS TO THE EVILS OF IT.
1. It destroys the sacred feeling of kinship.
2. It exposes true religion to contempt.
3. It brings spiritual loss to individuals.
III. AS TO THE REMEDIES OF IT.
1. The recognition of the obligations of brotherhood.
2. The yielding temper.
3. Confidence in the promise of God, that we shall suffer no real loss by obedience to His command.
(T. H. Leale.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.