And the seven years of plenty, that was in the land of Egypt, were ended.…
I. JOSEPH'S ADMINISTRATION.
1. It showed great prudence and skill.
2. It showed a spirit of dependence upon God.
3. It was the exhibition of a character worthy of the highest confidence.
1. How quickly adversity awaits upon prosperity.
2. What an advantage to have a true and powerful friend in the day of calamity.
3. God often brings about His purposes of love and mercy by affliction.
(T. H. Leale.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the seven years of plenteousness, that was in the land of Egypt, were ended.