Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:…
I. CAPERNAUM WAS EXALTED TO HEAVEN because of Christ's preaching and performing so many miracles there.
1. Here He performed most of His miracles.
2. Here Jesus preached.
3. Here Jesus prayed.
4. Here the Holy Spirit descended, for conversion of souls. So Scotland has been exalted to heaven.
(1) By the preaching of the gospel.
(2) By the pouring out of the Spirit.
II. CAPERNAUM REPENTED NOT.
1. Some would not go to hear.
2. Some went for awhile.
3. Some followed Him all the time, but did not repent.
III. CAPERNAUM WAS BROUGHT DOWN TO HELL.
1. According to justice.
2. According to truth.
3. In the nature of things.
Parallel VersesKJV: Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
WEB: Then he began to denounce the cities in which most of his mighty works had been done, because they didn't repent.