Another parable put he forth to them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened to a man which sowed good seed in his field:…
I. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO CLASSES.
1. The first have solid spiritual excellence.
2. They are useful. The false disciples have neither — they are useless and noxious.
II. HOW THEY COME TO BE THUS ASSOCIATED. The good seed Divinely planted. Satan has a hand in the life of the wicked in this world. The tares are known.
III. HIS INTENTION THAT BELIEVERS AND FALSE PROFESSORS SHOULD ABIDE TOGETHER UNTIL THE HARVEST.
1. There is nothing so likely to convert false professors as seeing real Christians amongst them.
2. That the faith and patience of believers may be tested and manifested to the world.
IV. THIS ASSOCIATION CANNOT LAST FOR EVER.
1. The return to judgment — "Gather ye the tares."
2. "The bundles." Let the companions in sin be grouped in doom.
3. "To be burned" — punishment and pain.
4. We are also animated by hope" Gather the wheat into My barn."
(B. W. Noel.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: