You are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
I. THEIR CHARACTER. All others are in darkness. Goshen only has light: Christians once dark; hut have received light.
1. The word light implies a saving knowledge of the truth.
2. Holiness of heart and life.
II. THEIR DUTY. Christians are made what they are to attract the world. Must use their blessings for the good of others, their knowledge, holiness, and happiness.
III. THEIR MOTIVE.
1. That they may see your good works, not yourselves, but your actions. Three things are necessary to render a work good.
(1) It must be done under the influence of faith in Christ.
(2) From love to God
(3) with a view to His glory.
2. That they may glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Parallel VersesKJV: Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.