You will show me the path of life: in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand there are pleasures for ever more.
the saints: — The presence of God maketh heaven, and the perfect happiness to be enjoyed there.
I. THE CHARACTERS OF THOSE WHO SHALL BE BLESSED BY BEING IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD FOREVER.
1. Those who believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ with a Divine, practical, heart-purifying, and life sanctifying faith.
2. You who are upright in a good profession.
3. You who are Christ's honest servants.
II. WHAT PRESENCE OF GOD MAKES HEAVEN UNTO THE SAINTS. The presence of His essence is as really on earth as in heaven.
1. The presence of God that makes happy in heaven is the presence of His glory.
2. It is the presence of His face; in the glory of the Mediator.
3. His immediate presence, manifested no longer through obscuring mediums.
4. His countenancing presence.
5. His fixed and abiding presence.
6. His efficacious and influxive presence.
(James Robe, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.