And the LORD appeared to him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;…
I. THE DIVINE VISIT TO THE PATRIARCH.
1. A remarkable proof of the Divine condescension.
2. A striking adumbration of the incarnation of Christ.
3. An instructive emblem of God's gracious visits to his saints.
II. THE DIVINE FEAST WITH THE PATRIARCH.
1. The courteous invitation.
2. The sumptuous provision.
3. The ready attention.
III. THE DIVINE MESSAGE FOR THE PATRIARCH.
1. Its delivery to Abraham.
2. Its reception by Sarah.
3. Its authentication by Jehovah. - W.
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;