Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright…
1. None so holy.
2. None so gracious; He doth not exact beyond what He gives.
3. None so peaceable; His very service is a kind of wages to the obedient.
4. None so assisted; His commands are accompanied with strength and spirit.
5. None so rewarded; no man serves Christ too much or for nought.
6. Lastly, be thankful, for if dominion be off, then damnation is off. There is no condemnation (saith Paul).
(O. Sedgwick, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.