Ho, every one that thirsts, come you to the waters, and he that has no money; come you, buy, and eat…
There are eight things which thirsty sinners should set together.
1. All their sins and Christ's merits.
2. All their distresses and Christ's compassions,
3. All their wants and Christ's fulness.
4. All their unworthiness and Christ's fresness.
5. Their desires and Christ's invitations.
6. Their thirstings and the promises of Christ.
7. Their own weakness and Christ's strength.
8. Satan's objections and Christ's answers.
(O. Sedgwick, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.