Ho, every one that thirsts, come you to the waters, and he that has no money; come you, buy, and eat…
He that is willing to buy —
1. Will go to the market.
2. Doth like the wares which are to be bought.
3. Will come up to the price at which they are to be bought.
4. Will watch the time, and take the time of buying.
5. Is willing to sell that he may compass the things he is very desirous to buy (Genesis 47:17-19; Matthew 13:44).There are three "alls" which a poor sinner is willing to sell that he may have Christ.
(1) All his sinful lusts and his former sinful courses of life.
(2) All his worldly estimations and advantages (Hebrews 11:24-26).
(3) All his serf. His serf-wisdom, his serf-will, his serf-righteousness, his self-sufficiencies and his serf-confidence, his self-seekings and his self-advantages (Philippians 3:8).
(O. Sedgwick, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.