2 Corinthians 6:11-13
O you Corinthians, our mouth is open to you, our heart is enlarged.…
I. THE APPEAL OF A REVIVED MINISTER,
1. It consists of a full exhibition to you of all the truths which the gospel teaches for your salvation.
2. It comprises an affectionate desire for your enjoyment of all the blessings which the gospel offers. This enjoyment —
(1) Comes from God.
(2) Is maintained by devout meditation and prayer.
(3) Is encouraged by examples.
(4) Expresses itself by earnestness of spirit in self-denying labours.
II. THE RESPONSE OF A REVIVED CHURCH.
1. Take a firm and steady hold of the simple gospel, as divinely suited to the ends for which it has been given.
2. Meet the ministers of the gospel in the spirit in which they come to you.
3. Extend your own views, plans, and hopes in connection with the enlargement of the Church.
(1) What can you do?
(2) What is the wisest way of doing it?
(3) What are your encouragements and hopes?Address —
1. Those who have no disposition to respond to this appeal — why not?
2. Such as have.
3. Those confirmed by the meetings.
4. Those who are awakened.
(W. H. Stowell, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.