And immediately, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.…
I. WHAT THE FRIENDS OF THE SICK WOMAN RID.
1. They told Jesus of her. Worth while to be sick to be brought to Him.
2. Anon they told Him of her, i.e., at once.
3. They told Him of her. Often what is everybody's business is nobody's.
4. They told Him of her. Prayer is telling Jesus.
II. WHAT JESUS DID.
1. He came: at once, but not always at once, for good reasons.
2. He took her by the hand. Without ceremony: familiarly.
3. He lifted her up. Gospel always raises.
4. He healed her immediately. Pardon instantly ours when we grasp Christ's hand.
III. WHAT THE RESTORED WOMAN DID. Ministered. We are saved to work: by precept and example.
(J. S. Swan.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And forthwith, when they were come out of the synagogue, they entered into the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John.