Brothers, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;…
I. A SOUL LOST BY ERROR.
1. A safe antecedent state. What is it to be in conformity with the truth?
(1) Our conceptions in harmony with its spirit.
(2) Our life in harmony with its spirit.
2. A fearful possibility. It is implied that a soul can fall from that state, can err from that truth, can bound away from that orbit.
(1) This man can do because he is moral.
(2) This man has done.
II. A SOUL SAVED BY MAN.
1. It is possible for man to convert a soul.
2. The man who converts a soul accomplishes immense good.
3. The immense good he accomplishes should be well considered by him. "Let him know" it — to cheer him amidst the discouragements of his labours, and to inspire him with persevering zeal.
Parallel VersesKJV: Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;