For the sins of her prophets, and the iniquities of her priests, that have shed the blood of the just in the middle of her,…
1. Those that are not rightly instructed in the true knowledge of God, are as blind in matters of religion as the blind man in seeing what is before him in the way (1 Corinthians 2:14; Matthew 24:29).
2. An unconscionable ministry begetteth ignorance and all ungodliness in the people.
(1) Such are usually sent in God's judgment to lead them to believe lies (2 Thessalonians 2:10).
(2) The people are naturally inclined easily to follow that teacher who leads unto evil.
3. The ignorance of the true knowledge of God is the ready way to all iniquity.
(1) We cannot know what is sin but by the knowledge of the law of God (Romans 7:7).
(2) Where there is no knowledge, there is no consciousness of sin.
4. They that are ignorant of God's Word, and live among an ungodly people, cannot but be defiled with their sins.
Parallel VersesKJV: For the sins of her prophets, and the iniquities of her priests, that have shed the blood of the just in the midst of her,