And when they drew near to Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, to the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples,…
I. THE LORD HAS NEED OF YOU.
1. Your prayers.
2. Your praises.
3. Your talents.
4. He may need your most cherished one, that which your heart holds fastest.
II. NATURE'S REPLIES TO THIS CLAIM.
1. Unbelief denies the claim.
2. Weakness hesitates till the opportunity is past.
3. Simulation seems to do it, but does not.
4. Selfishness hugs her own.
5. How much affliction passes over a man before he is willing to comply with the just demands of his Creator.
(J Vaughan, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And when they drew nigh unto Jerusalem, and were come to Bethphage, unto the mount of Olives, then sent Jesus two disciples,