And the men turned their faces from there, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.…
I. THE CLOSE INTIMACY WHICH A GOOD MAN MAY HAVE WITH HIS MAKER. Three things indicate Abraham's closeness of intimacy.
1. He knew his Maker's purpose.
2. He felt his Maker's presence.
3. He heard his Maker's voice.
II. THE WONDERFUL INFLUENCE WHICH A GOOD MAN MAY HAVE OVER HIS MAKER. Abraham's prayer was —
1. The spiritual blessedness of a good man.
2. The social value of a good man.
Parallel VersesKJV: And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.