And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat on him was called Faithful and True…
I. THE REGAL CROWN.
1. The crown of universal proprietorship belongs to Christ.
2. The crown of universal dominion belongs to Christ.
II. THE VICTOR'S CROWN. The Redeemer proved Himself a conqueror in three respects: by His life, by His death, and by His resurrection.
1. He won the crown of unspotted obedience.
2. He won the crown of immortality.
3. He won the crown of championship over the grave.
III. THE BRIDEGROOM'S CROWN. The Church is to be presented "as a chaste virgin" to Christ. Then "He shall see of the travail of his soul and be satisfied." Then shall another crown be added — the crown of universal adoration and gratitude.
Parallel VersesKJV: And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.