And Isaac departed there, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelled there.…
I. THE EXISTING GENERATIONS SUCCEED TO THE LABOURS OF THOSE WHO ARE GONE. Divine benevolence is to be seen in this arrangement.
1. It serves to weld all generations in a common interest.
2. It serves as a guarantee of progress in the quality of human productions.
II. THE EXISTING GENERATIONS ENTER ON THE ENJOYMENTS OF THOSE THAT ARE GONE.
1. The well of sensuous enjoyment.
2. The well of intellectual enjoyment.
3. The well of social enjoyment.
4. The well of religious enjoyment.
Parallel VersesKJV: And Isaac departed thence, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelt there.