2 Samuel 8:6-14
Then David put garrisons in Syria of Damascus: and the Syrians became servants to David, and brought gifts…
I. THE EMPLOYMENT IN WHICH DAVID WAS ENGAGED.
(1) In the service of God, in which he was engaged
(2) with a single eye to God's glory
(3) with all his heart,
(4) and under the Divine direction.
II. THE CARE WHICH DAVID EXPERIENCED.
(1) Special, as to his person, circumstances, etc.
(2) Complete, in going out, returning, etc.
(3) Constant, by day and by night, in youth, manhood, age, health, sickness, etc.Application. "Who will this day consecrate his service unto the Lord?" Those who do so will find it
Parallel VersesKJV: Then David put garrisons in Syria of Damascus: and the Syrians became servants to David, and brought gifts. And the LORD preserved David whithersoever he went.