Another parable put he forth to them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened to a man which sowed good seed in his field:…
1. As the wheat after it is sown hath the ripening time, so have the saints and people of God.
2. Wheat ripens gradually, that it is hardly discerned; so the godly ripen gradually also, it is hardly discerned by themselves or others.
3. Wheat must have showers to ripen it. So must the saints have the showers of Divine and heavenly doctrine, or spiritual dew to ripen them (1 Corinthians 3:6).
4. Moreover, believers grow and ripen for the harvest by means of the shining and sweet fructifying influences of the "Sun of Righteousness."
5. Some Christians are like wheat smitten or blasted in respect; of their hope, peace, and joy, and so seem to languish (Amos 4:9).
Parallel VersesKJV: Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: