Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.…
I. THERE IS A DIVINE MORAL LAW FOR THE REGULATION OF MORAL LIFE. The Creator has given a law to every creature He has made, and to every creature its own law. This law Christ reduced to two primary obligations — right affection for God, right affection for man.
II. GENUINE OBEDIENCE TO THIS LAW ENSURES HUMAN HAPPINESS. "Blessed," etc.
1. The nature of true obedience.
(4) Divinely inspired.
(5) Spiritual rather than literal, constant rather than occasional.
2. The happiness consequent upon true obedience.
(1) Freedom from shame. This implies consciousness of virtue. Sin is the shameful thing.
(2) Heartiness in worship. The highest happiness of man consists in worshipping with the whole heart.
Parallel VersesKJV: ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
WEB: Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to Yahweh's law.