Teach me your way, O LORD; I will walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name.
I. Moral light sought FROM THE TRUE SOURCE.
1. God has a "way" for man. He has a course, a mission for every man.
2. Of this "way" man is ignorant. He is in darkness. Errors as to the chief good have abounded in all times.
3. God alone can teach that "way." "Teach me Thy way, O Lord." Philosophers, poets, and priests have failed to throw light on this way.
II. Moral light sought for a RIGHT REASON.
1. It is sought, not for mental speculation, but for life regulation.
2. Walking in this path is a walk of —
(2) Invigoration; and
(3) True progress.
Parallel VersesKJV: Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.