American Sunday School Times
And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh…
1. "Joseph went out over the land of Egypt."
(1) The man;
(2) The land;
(3) The outgoing. Went out —
(a) To survey the field;
(b) To organize the work;
(c) To initiate his gatherings.
2. The earth brought forth by handfuls."
(1) To fulfil Joseph's interpretation;
(2) To fill Joseph's granaries;
(3) To feed Joseph's dependants.
(4) To honour Joseph's God.
3. "Laid up the food in the cities."
(1) Food abundant;
(2) Food gathered;
(3) Food garnered;
(4) Food convenient.
(American Sunday School Times.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.