2 Corinthians 6:11-13
O you Corinthians, our mouth is open to you, our heart is enlarged.…
Consider the text —
I. AS IT MAY BE APPLIED TO THE SINNER. Be enlarged —
1. In understanding and wisdom.
2. In the affections of the heart.
3. In the blessedness of the future. "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good."
II. AS IT APPLIES TO BELIEVERS.
1. Be ye also enlarged in the knowledge and love of Christ.
2. In prayer and holy effort.
III. AS IT REMINDS OF HEAVEN. Heaven will be an eternal enlargement, for —
1. There will be perfect comprehension. Nothing to perplex, nothing to obscure.
2. The soul will be released from its earthly prison-house.
3. The bliss of the redeemed will be ever increasing.
Parallel VersesKJV: O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.