And the days of Isaac were an hundred and fourscore years.…
I. THAT HIS DEATH WAS PEACEFUL.
1. Because his spirit was given up to the rightful owner.
2. Because the soul's earthly activities had come to an end.
3. Because his soul's temporal purposes had been gained.
II. THAT HIS LIFE WAS WELL SPENT.
1. His soul's interests had not been neglected.
2. Society had been benefited.
3. God had been served.
III. HE WAS BELOVED AND HONOURED BY HIS FAMILY. This is intimated to us —
1. By his being buried with his people.
2. By his sons attending his funeral.
Parallel VersesKJV: And the days of Isaac were an hundred and fourscore years.