The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come…
I. THE FULFILLED PART OF THIS PROPHECY CONCERNING CHRIST.
1. That Judah should have regal power.
2. The continuation of this authority up to a certain time.
3. The fulfilled part of this prophecy shows two things —
(1) Man's power, through God, of foreseeing the future.
(2) God's character as the Governor of the world.
(a) His faithfulness, strictly adhering to His word through the sweep of ages.
(b) His almightiness, so over-ruling the affairs of nations and of generations as to bring about to the very hour the facts He foretold.
II. THE FULFILLING PART OF THIS PROPHECY. "Unto Him shall the gathering of the people be."
1. Self-sacrificing kindness attracts men.
2. Marevellousness attracts men.
3. Promise of good attracts men.
4. Sublime grandeur attracts men.
Parallel VersesKJV: The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.