Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners…
I. THREE CLASSES OF TRANSGRESSORS. Shun them!
1. Ungodly. — Generally those who are
(a) ignorant of God,
(b) deny, or
(c) defy God. Here means restless people.
2. Sinners. — The restless missing his way.
3. Scorners. — Mockers, pests, impostors (Psalm 26:4-9).
II. THREE INDUCEMENTS TO TRANSGRESS. Resist them.
1. Counsel. — Flattering and deceptive. Satan in Eden and the wilderness.
2. Way. — Broad and attractive (Matthew 7:13, 14).
3. Seat. — Boisterous and popular. "My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not."
III. THREE DEGREES OF TRANSGRESSION. Avoid them!
1. Walking. — Initiatory.
2. Standing. — Secondary.
3. Sitting. — Grand Lodge degree in iniquity.The way of transgressors is hard (Proverbs 4:14-18). "Wherefore come out from among them" (2 Corinthians 6:17).
Parallel VersesKJV: Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.