And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh…
I. THAT HE WAS CONSCIOUS OF THE GREAT RESPONSIBILITY RESTING UPON HIM. This is indicated to us —
1. In his superintending the work personally.
2. In his sparing no trouble in the execution of the work.
3. In the regard he paid to justice.
II. THAT HE MANIFESTED GREAT WISDOM IN THE EXECUTION OF THE WORK,
1. Inasmuch as he commenced it without delay.
2. Inasmuch as he persevered to the end.
3. Inasmuch as his arrangements answered the best purpose.
III. THE SUCCESSFUL ISSUE OF THE UNDERTAKING.
1. It conferred incalculable benefits on his fellow-creatures.
2. He gained the approbation of the king.
Parallel VersesKJV: And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.